Come teach at one of New Jersey’s most innovative schools, and grow into the teacher you always imagined yourself to be!
You’ll join a group of mission-driven educators who use data and collaboration to ensure all of our students are growing into bilingual and biliterate global citizens. At HoLa, you’re on a path to perfect your craft and to get best-in-class dual-language professional development, coaching and training that will lead you to becoming a master teacher in the growing field of dual-language education.
The Hoboken Dual Language Charter School (HoLa) is an exceptional K-8 Spanish/English dual language school in Hoboken, NJ, which has been designated as a model program by the NJDOE. Elementary teachers deliver instruction in Spanish for up to 90% of their day, opening up an exciting new world for our students and families. Middle School educators teach content in their areas of specialization, alternating weekly between Spanish and English. We seek teachers who are inspired by their love of teaching and their love of the Spanish language, and who embrace multiculturalism.
Certification in Elementary Education or subject specialization is preferred. Bilingual/Bicultural Certification is preferred for Elementary teachers. HoLa’s tuition reimbursement program assists teachers in earning their certification. All candidates must possess strong written and verbal language skills (Spanish and English).
We are now accepting applications for 2022-23! Positions include Elementary (general education), as well as Middle School subject specialists; all positions require bilingual fluency (Spanish / English; spoken / written).
The easiest way to view our instructional positions is to visit our Indeed page. Click here to review and apply directly to positions.
When applying, please submit a formal letter of intent, specific to your interest in the Hoboken Dual Language Charter School, as well as a professional teaching resume. If you have any questions not answered by the posting, please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One of the most innovative public schools in the Northeast
- Named Model World Languages School by NJ DOE
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Daily preps for teacher collaboration
- Opportunity for developing extracurricular programming
- Coaching and Feedback
- Opportunity for curriculum development
- Collaborative teacher teams
Work In One of the Northeast’s Best Cities:
HoLa is located in the heart of Hoboken NJ, a unique, vibrant, walkable urban community, just over one square mile in size. Its strategic location on the banks of the Hudson River across from Manhattan, means waterside walkways with views of Manhattan.
In addition, Hoboken has a dynamic arts and music community, complimented by eclectic restaurants, night clubs, a world class hotel & diverse retail shopping, along with a spectacular waterfront, showcasing beautiful parks and outdoor diversions, including such activities as free and open to the public kayaking at the Hoboken Cove Boathouse. Hoboken also makes it easy to take advantage the culture and diversity of NYC through a short PATH train, NY Waterway Ferry or NJTransit bus ride.
Fun Facts About Hoboken:
- Hoboken was voted best downtown in Northern New Jersey (American Planning Association – NJ)
- Hoboken is ranked the #1 most walkable city in the country (WalkScore.com).
- Hoboken is ranked #1 city in public transportation use (U.S. Census).
- Hoboken was ranked #1 most exciting small city in America.
- Hoboken was named one of the Top 10 Best Cities for New College Grads (Livability.com)
- Hoboken’s Washington Street was named one of the Top 10 Great Streets for 2010 (American Planning Association, 2010)
- Hoboken’s South Waterfront was named one of New Jersey’s Top 10 Great Places (American Planning Association, NJ Chapter, 2013)
- Hoboken was designated a gold-level walk-friendly community in 2011.
- Hoboken was rated the best dining town in New Jersey (NJ Monthly Magazine).
- Hoboken’s Pier A Park is ranked one of the top 10 urban parks in the country (Urban Land Institute)
- Hoboken was ranked the #1 city in the country for Singles (Money Magazine, 2008)
- Hoboken received an Honorable Mention in the Bicycle Friendly Communities listing (League of American Cyclists, Fall 2010)
- Welcome to HoLa
- Teacher Policy Fellow
- HoLa Teacher Named Exemplary Educator of 2021 by NJDOE
- HoLa Maestra to Serve as Fulbright Scholar Abroad
- HoLa Math Teacher Cesar Volquez Recognized by NJ Public Charter Schools Association