Our Board of Trustees supports HoLa's leadership with legal, financial and strategic guidance, and holds our school accountable for results.
- Nicole Cammarota, President | email@example.com
- Jon Salinas, Vice President| firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Galorenzo, Trustee | email@example.com
- Brigitte Kirk, Trustee | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlos Lejnieks, Trustee | email@example.com
- David Miranda, Trustee | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia Vazquez, Trustee | email@example.com
Nicole Cammarota is a Senior Counsel for the federal government. She received a B.S. in Business, J.D., and M.B.A. with Honors from Indiana University. Nicole has taught at Brooklyn Law School and New York University and is currently a member of Indiana University’s Law School Alumni board. Nicole has two young children at HoLa.
Jonathan Salinas is an operating executive in the investment management industry. He graduated from Rutgers College, Phi Beta Kappa, and received his MBA from Columbia Business School where he has served as an adjunct professor since 2011.
Mark Galorenzo has a BA in Economics from Duke University. Mark is a private real estate investor and developer and previously was an equity options market maker on the New York Stock Exchange trading floor.
Brigitte Kirk is a CPA, currently serving as Director, Finance at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ. She received a BA in mathematics and an International Studies Certificate from Connecticut College, Phi Beta Kappa, and a MS in Accounting from the University of Hartford. Brigitte is a mother of four including two alumni of HoLa and two current HoLa students.
Carlos Lejnieks is CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Hudson & Union Counties, a trustee at Jersey City Medical Center, NJCU Foundation and a Board of Regent at Saint Peter’s University. He is Chair emeritus of the NJ Charter Schools Association. A Hoboken resident, Carlos has a BA from Brown University, an MSc from London School of Economics and an honorary doctorate from Saint Peter’s University.
David Miranda is the founder of the Hudson County Latino Foundation (“HCLF”) and currently serves as Chief Operating Officer. After recognizing the socio-economic, education, and healthcare gaps in Hudson County for the Latino population, he worked to establish the HCLF as a way to bridge those gaps. David is also an Army Veteran and Officer where he served on multiple tours of duty to Afghanistan working on development and capacity building in an effort to strengthen the institutions of Afghanistan. David has a Masters in Diplomacy and International Relations from Seton Hall University with concentrations in Foreign Policy Analysis and Post-Conflict Reconstruction and an undergraduate degree from New Jersey City University where he was on the dean’s list. He is an avid dog lover and loves extreme sports such as sky diving.
Cynthia Vazquez is of Puerto Rican decent and a native of Jersey City, NJ. She currently holds a position as the Assistant Director & Certification Officer at New Jersey City University, College of Education – Center for Teacher Preparation & Partnerships. She has held various civic and community leadership roles both on campus and in the surrounding community. She holds a seat at NJCU’s College of Education Advisory Council, and is also a member of the NJCU College of Education Executive Council.
As a community activist, she is also the President Elect of the Jersey City Rotary Club Chapter which the one of the largest community service organizations world wide. She is also a partner with The Flow Initiative, which is an initiative that is trying to eradicate Period Poverty and holds a seat on the Education Committee for Save Latin America.
Cynthia received her B.A. from Rutgers College, Rutgers University in New Brunswick N.J, and is a Graduate of NJCU’s MA Certified Teacher Education program with a certificate in ESL.
HoLa Advisory Committee
The HoLa Advisory Committee serves the school by lending their time and professional expertise to help us grow the next generation of global citizens.
- Jennifer Austin Ph.D, Center for Migration and the Global City, Spanish and Portuguese Studies, Rutgers University
- Cindy Chin, Associate Provost, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Barbara Martinez, Chief Media Officer, Uncommon Schools
- Jennifer Baxi, Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Revised Public Meeting Schedule HOBOKEN DUAL LANGUAGE CHARTER SCHOOL
In compliance with the Open Public Meetings Act (N.J.S.A.10:4-6et.seq.), notice is hereby given that the Hoboken Dual Language Charter School Board of Trustees has approved the following meetings to be held at the dates and times below. The meetings will be called to order at 7:15 p.m. at 301 Garden Street, Hoboken, New Jersey 07030. Formal action will be taken.
- Tuesday September 14, 2021 7:15 PM Regular Meeting
- Tuesday October 12, 2021 7:15 PM Regular Meeting
- Tuesday November 9, 2021 7:15 PM Regular Meeting
- Tuesday December 14, 2021 7:15 PM Regular Meeting
- Tuesday January 11, 2022 7:15 PM Regular Meeting
- Tuesday February 15, 2022 7:15 PM Regular Meeting
- Tuesday March 15, 2022 7:15 PM Regular Meeting/ Budget Meeting
- Tuesday April 12, 2022 7:15 PM Regular Meeting
- Tuesday May 10, 2022 7:15 PM Regular Meeting
- Tuesday June 14, 2022 7:15 PM Regular Meeting/ Reorganization Meeting
Each year, HoLa is required to submit an Annual Report to the New Jersey Department of Education, indicating progress on academic measures and mission-specific goals. Click below to view our most recent Annual Report.
Digna Moreira is custodian of HoLa’s records, in accordance with Public Law 2001, c.404. For further information, please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org